We are happy to announce an exceptional performance opportunity for your students. The St. Louis Children’s Choirs and the Des Lee Fine Arts Collaborative are sponsoring the first annual Music Made Together 4-6 Grade Elementary Honor Choir festival. The festival will be held on Saturday, February 10, 2018 at the Greater Grace Church, 3690 Pershall Rd, Ferguson, MO 63135 and will culminate with an afternoon concert at 3:00 p.m. The choir will be conducted by Parkway West Middle School Choral Director, Adrienne Broyles.
PLEASE SELECT NO MORE THAN SIX OF YOUR BEST SINGERS FOR THE FESTIVAL. When selecting your students, please observe the following:
- Students must be able to comfortably perform elementary school choral literature or above.
- Select students who are able to match pitch and sing in their high range. If a young man’s voice is beginning to change this treble music may not be comfortable for him.
- Select students willing to learn their music before they arrive at the festival.
- Prioritize your recommendations by listing your best students first on the form.
- This will be an honor experience, much like the ensembles of Suburban and Metro districts.
- Due to the space available only 80 students will accepted. Students will be selected on a first come – first serve basis. Music teachers are asked to accompany their students as a chaperone for the entire day.
- Transportation is not provided. Make sure the students you select will have transportation to and from the festival.
To nominate students or for more information, please contact, Ms. Maria Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org,