Are you interested in majoring in music in college? Do you want to continue singing in choirs and/or studying voice at the college level? Have you considered what options are available for scholarships to college for music and non-music majors?
This workshop, which is FREE and open to the public, will explain to students and parents the key points for preparing for the college application and audition process:
- When to begin studying private voice or piano
- What to look for in a college music program
- What questions to ask when you tour a music school
- What musicianship skills you should be building now
- How to prepare and what to sing for the audition
- What to wear (and more importantly, what not to wear!)
- What kind of questions professors ask during the audition interviews
- How to stand out in an audition-how to be scholarship- worthy!
- Who you should ask to write letters of recommendation and how/when to ask
- How to know when you’re ready
Workshop Led by: Heather McKenzie Patterson, adjunct professor of voice at Webster University (and formerly the University of Missouri and Principia College) and former SLCC Choir Manager.
As part of the workshop, Mrs. Patterson will hold a public masterclass with 4 selected singers who are preparing for upcoming college auditions.
For more information please contact Maria Ellis, Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com or 314. 993.9626