High School Visual Arts Nominations
Dear Visual Art Instructors,
The Des Lee Fine Arts Collaborative High School Music Festival is expanding to include the Visual Arts. Students will have the opportunity to create new pieces of art work under the instruction of Dr. Jennifer Fisher, assistant teaching professor of art and coordinator of art education at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
The festival will be held on Tuesday February 7, 2018 at the Blanche M. Touhill Performing Arts Center on the University of Missouri-St. Louis campus and will culminate with a display of the art work that the students create with Dr. Fisher. The collaborative would love to have your students as part of the festival!
When planning for the event please note:
- Instruction will begin at 9:00am, the same time that rehearsals for the music concerts begin.
- Art students can arrive at the Touhill with the music students.
- Students need to eat lunch before they arrive.
- Students will receive a break for lunch and dinner. Students will be escorted to the Student Center where food can be purchased with a staff member form their school.
- Students should arrive in clothes that they can create in. However, they may wish to bring a change of clothes for the evening gallery opening.
- The gallery will be open to the public to view at 6pm. Students are asked to be near their work to talk with patrons about their art work.
- The music concerts will begin at 6:30pm. Art students will have designated seats for the concert and are expected to stay for the entire concert.
- Any work created during the day can return home with the students after the concert.
- Art instructors are highly encouraged to attend the entire day to help their students, but if you have other instructors on campus for the music rehearsals accommodations can be made for supervision of your students.
Students will be selected to participate based on your recommendations:
When recommending your students, please consider the following:
- Students should be comfortable working with mixed media and/or collaborative art projects.
- Students should be self-motivated, able to complete work on time, respectful to teachers, and can follow directions.
- Recommend as many students as you feel are deserving and will grow from the experience
- But, prioritize your recommendations by listing your best students first on the form.
- Not all students will be selected to participate. Selections will be based on number of schools participating, and space allotted for the program.
Register to participate at www.desleefinearts.org by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2017
Questions? Contact Mr. Kenneth Lederle, Catholic Education Office at: email@example.com or 314-792-7924