Celebrate 20 Years with Contemporary Art Museum!
Block Party: 20 years of CAM
Saturday, September 23, 2023
Celebrate the 20th anniversary of CAM’s home at 3750 Washington Blvd with a block party! The festivities include an afternoon of food, music, face painting, art making, and a ceremony honoring the volunteers, staff, community members, and partners who have shaped the museum over the last two decades.
Location: Washington Boulevard in front of CAM
- Chalk drawing with CAM staff and volunteers
- Face painting with Graham Flores
- Hands-on design activity from The Alberti Program of the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis
- Musical performances by HEAL Center for the Arts’ Bird Seeds and Point of View Jazz Ensembles from 3–4pm
- Community Partner honors ceremony at 4:15 pm
Food and drink: Da Vegan Way and New York Tom’s food trucks will have food for purchase. Free lemonade and water stations will be available.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in the lot at the Pulitzer Arts Foundation. For more information to help plan your visit, click here.
Note: Due to construction, Grand Boulevard is currently closed from Washington Avenue to Shepard Drive (near the Fox Theatre). Please plan to approach CAM via Vandeventer Avenue and park West of the museum during the event.
Community tables: In celebration of our place in the community, we have invited neighboring organizations to provide information and/or giveaways:
- Angad Arts Hotel
- Big Muddy Dance Company
- Grand Center Inc.
- Great Rivers Greenway
- Kranzberg Arts Foundation
- Metro Theatre Company
- Pulitzer Arts Foundation
- St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
- Saint Louis University Museum of Art, Museum of Contemporary Religious Art, Samuel Cupples House, and Saint Louis University Libraries
- The Sheldon Concert Hall and Art Galleries
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org