All Des Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative members, both school districts and fine arts organization, have a partner representative. These partners come together to collaborate, network, and share with one another.
Meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month, throughout the school year. An exception is the December meeting, which occurs on the third Tuesday of that month.
An agenda for each meeting is sent out shortly before meetings.
Potential agenda items:
(Lunch served at 12:00 p.m. Asian Buffet: Sweet & Sour Chicken, Cantonese Beef Stir Fry, Jasmine Rice, Sesame Ginger Green Beans, Tangy Asian Slaw)
I. Introductions: Dr. Nicole Springer, Director, Community Music Program, Webster University; Professor Joanna Mendoza, Chair, UMSL Music Department
II. UMSL College of Education “Community Agency Program” (CAP) interns working with Des Lee art agencies: St. Louis Dancing Classrooms (Ms. Rebecca Jaeger), Pianos for People (Ms. Sara Mullins) Mr. Ryan Scott, St. Louis Classical Guitar (next semester)
III. 2023 Des Lee Fine Arts Festival Planning – Agenda/Worklist Items:
- Student Nominations -Format – online
- Letter/Email Announcement for Nominations – send October 14, 2022
- Deadline for Applications – November 19, 2022
- Selection/ Seating process
- Selections – order from Midwest Music. (There is a limited library for HS/MS Orchestra nd band from past Festivals.)
- Distribution of music – to be distributed by District reps at the December meeting –
- Collection of music
- Festival Practice/Preparation
- Choir “tracks”
- Clinician school visits
- Orchestra Bowings
- Band/Percussion assignments
- Visual art preparation
- PROGRAM INFORMATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE – January 9, 2023
- Schedule: Clinic Day and Concert/Gallery Opening
- Rendezvous points for students and parents
- Rides Home – CommUNITY Arts Bus cabbie volunteers on stand-by?
IV. Normandy OTSL/SLSO/UMSL Arts Intensive Project: “The Real Story of the Three Little Pigs.”
Two morning performances for Normandy student body
One evening for friends, family, and community.
Tuesday, November 29
V. BRIEF Reports from Director, Arts Agency Representatives, School Representatives