All Des Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative members, both school districts and fine arts organization, have a partner representative. These partners come together to collaborate, network, and share with one another.
Meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month, throughout the school year. An exception is the December meeting, which occurs on the third Tuesday of that month.
An agenda for each meeting is sent out shortly before meetings.
Potential agenda items:
(Lunch served at 12:00 p.m. Asian Buffet)
I. Introductions: Dr. Nicole Springer, Director, Community Music Program, Webster University; Professor Joanna Mendoza, Chair, UMSL Music Department
II. UMSL College of Education “Community Agency Program” (CAP) interns working with Des Lee art agencies: Dancing Classrooms, Pianos for People
III. 2023 Des Lee Fine Arts Festival Planning – Agenda/Worklist Items:
- Student Nominations -Format – online
- Letter/Email Announcement for Nominations – send October 14, 2022
- Deadline for Applications – November 19, 2022
- Selection/ Seating process
- Selections – order from Midwest Music. (There is a limited library for HS/MS Orchestra nd band from past Festivals.)
- Distribution of music – to be distributed by District reps at the December meeting –
- Collection of music
- Festival Practice/Preparation
- Choir “tracks”
- Clinician school visits
- Orchestra Bowings
- Band/Percussion assignments
- Visual art preparation
- PROGRAM INFORMATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE – January 9, 2023
- Schedule: Clinic Day and Concert/Gallery Opening
- Rendezvous points for students and parents
- Rides Home – CommUNITY Arts Bus cabbie volunteers on stand-by?
IV. Normandy OTSL/SLSO/UMSL Arts Intensive Project
Wednesday, November 16, 7 am – 12 pm
- 7 – 7:30 am Load in and quick rehearsal
- 8 am Performance #1 for Normandy students
- 9:30 am Performance #2 for Normandy students
Monday, November 28, 4 – 7:30 pm
- 4 pm Load in and brush up rehearsal
- 5 pm Light dinner for performers
- 6 pm Performance for community
IV. ESSER Information?
V. BRIEF Reports from Director, Arts Agency Representatives, School Representatives