Monthly Partner Meeting
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Location: Millennium Student Center (MSC) Century Room C (Upstairs)
UMSL North Campus Map and Parking: https://bit.ly/3S4UVoz
Lunch Gathering and Informal Networking, 12:00 p.m.
Beef Lasagna; Mixed Greens Italian Salad w/ roasted red peppers, sliced black olives, croutons; Garlic Bread, Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower & Squash, Tiramisu, Lemonade, Ice Tea, Water
Meeting, 12:30 p.m.
Self Introductions, School and Fine Arts Partners
Brief Reports from Director
- Recent Events:
- Arts and Education Council Awards
- SLSO/Sheldon/Des Lee Tri M Reception and Concert “Tri M at Powell Hall”
- Clinic opportunities for orchestra, band, and choirs UMSL Ensemble Directors, Dr. David Wayck and Dr. Jim Henry. Touhill 2023-2024.
- UMSL Music Department Opportunities
- UMSL summer camps – Strings, Keyboard, Acappalooza,
- UMSL clinic days with ensemble directors,
- UMSL dual enrollment/degree opportunities
- Masters program,
- Orff workshop
- Professional development opportunities with UMSL faculty and others. Touhill 2023-2024
- Social media/website updates https://www.desleefinearts.org
- Other collaboration opportunities/needs/ideas for students, teachers, school districts, arts organizations
- 2023-2024 Des Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative Kick-Off Date: Monday, July 31, 2024?
Brief Updates: Arts Agency Representatives, School Representatives
The MSC Century Meeting Room is available for further conversations, networking, planning until 2:00 p.m.
Ms. Miranda Murray, Social Media, Graphic Design firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Michael Smith, Director email@example.com
Next Meetings and Events
Next Partner Meeting: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 (Last meeting for 2022-2023)
Fall Fine Arts Festival, Grand Center, Metro Theater 50th Anniversary, Saturday, October 21 and 22, 2024 Festival dates: High School – Tuesday, February 6, 2024; Middle School Wednesday, February 7, 2024