2024 Des Lee High School Band Registration Form
Dear Band Directors, Below is the registration form for the Des Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative High School Festival Concert Band. The festival date is Tuesday, February 6, 2024 and will culminate with an evening concert at the Blanche M. Touhill Performing Arts Center on the University of Missouri-St. Louis campus. Students are selected for this band based on your recommendation. Seating within sections will be determined by director’s comments and the need for strong players on all parts.
Please observe the following:
- Students must be able to comfortably perform grade 2.0 literature or above.
- Students must be able to attend the entire rehearsal and concert on Feb. 6, 2024.
- Use the format on the attached form
- Recommend students willing to learn their music before they arrive at the festival.
- Prioritize your recommendations by listing your best students first on the form.
- Provide brief comments on each student so that the selections/seating can be based on the students’ abilities. “Range to a comfortable F,” or “Received a I- rating at solo/ensemble festival.” Not helpful — “Best I’ve taught,” “best in section,” or “drum major.”
- Recommend students so that the band has full instrumentation.
- Remember that not all students will be selected for the band. Selections are based on listed ability, recommendations and instrumentation needs. Each year we are short in some sections; your detailed nominations help create a stronger ensemble. Send extra nominations in sections where you have depth.
Students that are not prepared, or who lack essential skills and performance norms, will hinder rehearsal progress of those who are prepared and who do meet the above recommendations. Please make sure that students are informed and accept the responsibility of this commitment.
When planning for the event please remember:
- Arrive by 8:45 for seating. Rehearsal starts promptly at 9:00 a.m.
- Students will perform in concert dress – black slacks, socks and shoes with solid white tops.
- Students will receive time for lunch & dinner and will be responsible for their own meals.
- The concert will begin at 6:30 p.m. – all family, friends are teachers are encouraged to attend.
- The concert will include choir, orchestra, and concert band. All are expected to stay for the finale.
- Performers will have assigned seats in the audience and are expected to stay in their assigned seats until the conclusion of the concert.
- Directors must be present with their students and teaching the entire day of the festival.
Please complete the registration below by November 17, 2023
Direct questions to Pam Herendeen via email at email@example.com:
Director of Bands
Hazelwood Central High School
15875 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant, MO 63031
cell ph. (314) 269 – 3866
school phone (314) 653 – 3706.
Co-Chair: Pam Herendeen