The Des Lee Collaborative recently hosted St. Louis Symphony Orchestra’s “Lunch and Learn” with Randall Goosby.
During the event, there was a reflection sheet for each student where SLSO asked them to reflect on the concert by completing the following statements: I noticed, I valued, and I wonder. Here are a few that were collected:
- I Noticed: How much passion was put into the performance.
- I Noticed: That Mr. Goosby’s body was following every note he played.
- I Valued: Having the opportunity to see an example of Black excellence in orchestra.
- I Wondered: What he (Randall) was thinking as he played.
- I Wondered: How can someone just be so good at something?Here are some wonderful photos capturing the event: https://galleries.page.link/L2FE6
Thank you to SLSO for creating such a fantastic learning event!